Home Forums HAQAA2 Forum (FR, EN, PT) Scarlett Moffatt called 'Miss Piggy' in documentary about.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    cecilpullman54

has claimed she had to grow ‘thick skin’ after she was called ‘fat’ and ackack.net ‘Miss Piggy’ while filming a documentary about teenagers with Tourette’s syndrome.<br>The TV personality, 31, investigates a surge in cases of young people with the disorder in a new special, where she reveals she also developed facial tics before entering her teens.<br>She told : ‘Sometimes tics are funny – and I did definitely grow a thick skin during the making of the film.

I got called ‘fat’, ‘Miss Piggy’ and ‘old’ while people were tic-ing, but it’s also really serious.'<br> ‘I definitely had to grow thick skin’: Scarlett Moffatt has claimed she was branded ‘fat’ and ‘Miss Piggy’ by teenagers with Tourette’s syndrome as she filmed a documentary at a school <br>In the programme, the former Gogglebox star visits a school, meets with TikTok influencers, neurologists and charity campaigners to understand Tourette’s in more detail.<br>She went on to tell the newspaper’s TV Mag: ‘I hope by watching, people get more of an understanding about what it’s like to live a day having Tourette’s.'<br> RELATED ARTICLES

Share this article

Throughout the pandemic, there has been an increase in the number of young people being diagnosed with these conditions – medics have claimed. <br>Tourette’s syndrome is a condition which causes a person to make involuntary sounds and movements called tics. <br> Good watch: The TV personality, 31, investigates a surge in cases of young people with the disorder in a new Channel 4 special (pictured in 2019)<br>Previously speaking about her documentary, Scarlett told The Sun: ‘This is something I feel incredibly passionate about as I suffered with facial tics when diagnosed with Bell’s palsy as a child.<br>’I wish there was this kind of information and education available back then, as it’s something so many young people have to deal with.'<br>The I’m A Celebrity winner was diagnosed with Bell’s palsy after she was knocked over by a car when she was 11 years old.<br>Bell’s palsy is temporary weakness or lack of movement affecting one side of the face, and most people recover within the first nine months.<br>The condition differs from a stroke, as the facial weakness develops gradually.<br> Interesting: In the programme, the Gogglebox star meets with TikTok influencers, neurologists and charity campaigners to understand Tourette’s in more detail (pictured in March 2022)<br>Scarlett previously reflected on the moment she was first struck with the condition in her autobiography, Scarlett Says – which was published back in 2016.<br>’I was doing a performance for my mum and dad – I used to put on little shows for them – when all of a sudden, my mouth just drooped and I remember standing in front of the mirror and just screaming,’ she recalled.<br>’My eye dropped, I couldn’t speak properly, I got all slurred, and my mum and dad thought I was putting it on.<br>’I was screaming so loud to try to get my mouth to go straight.

I burst into tears and then they realised. It was awful.'<br>Elsewhere, Scarlett recently said she’s very happy being a size 18 and encourages everyone to celebrate their bodies without having to rely on ‘fatties unite’.<br> The TV star is trying to get everyone body positive and gives her take on feeling confident.<br>Having lost three stone herself once, and having been both a size 8 and 18, the TV personality says she knows how it feels to be both sizes, but says body confidence is all about celebrating our bodies.<br>She believes as long as people are healthy, nice to others, and true to themselves, then everyone should celebrate themselves.<br>She told The Sun this week: ‘The thing with being body positive and having body confidence is just celebrating everybody’s body.<br>’I think sometimes people have this misconception that it’s like ‘fatties unite’.<br> Wow!

She said: ‘Sometimes tics are funny – and I did definitely grow a thick skin during the making of the film. I got called ‘fat’, ‘Miss Piggy’ and ‘old’ while people were tic-ing'<br>’Genuinely, no matter what you look like, just celebrate you.
      As long as you are healthy, being yourself and you’re being nice to people, you do you. That’s the big thing that I want to get across.'<br>Scarlett’s career started on MTV, but she’s best known for being a star in Channel 4’s Gogglebox along side her parents, before she went on to win the sixteenth series of I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!

in 2016.<br>Since, she’s done a number of programmes, including the I’m a Celebrity side show Extra Camp and Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway. More recently she’s been involved in a number of documentaries.<br>However, before entering I’m A Celeb, Scarlett lost three stone after being told by a doctor she was ‘obese’, which prompted her to she exercise regularly and follow a calorie deficit diet.<br>After being crowned the Queen of the Jungle, Scarlett went on to launch her SuperSlim Me Plan DVD, and it was extremely successful.<br> Good for you!

Scarlett recently said she’s very happy being a size 18 and encourages everyone to celebrate their bodies without having to rely on ‘fatties unite’ (2019, left, 2017, right)<br>But there were rumours Scarlett had achieved her weight loss through going to intense boot camps and eating just 700 calories a day, and not the workouts in her DVD – rumours the star has denied.<br>Last year, Scarlett joined Frankie Bridge on her and spoke about her weight loss journey.<br>She said: ‘I’ve deleted all my before and after pictures…Not only were they bad for my peace of mind it wasn’t really good for other people because now I look like my before picture again.'<br>Scarlett added: ‘I sort of rebelled against [my] DVD because I just didn’t like how it happened and I just wasn’t for it anymore.<br> ‘I purposefully started putting weight on. I was sort of like, ‘if I get big again it can’t get brought up’.

I can’t have this stigma attached to me about this DVD and people will stop buying it.'<br>Scarlett went on to reveal that she did actually follow the diet on the DVD, saying she ‘cut out a lot’ to shed weight.<br>She said: ‘I think people thought I had been walking and rambling up mountains for six months but it wasn’t, I genuinely did just do those exercises [in the DVD] but obviously I had to cut out a lot of food from what I was normally eating.<br>’I think now that is what I want to try to say to people – ‘please don’t think that you can just own this DVD and then instantly you can lose that amount of weight, it is a lot of pressure and it is a lot of work.'<br>Britain’s Tourette’s Mystery: Scarlett Moffatt Investigates will air on Channel 4 at 10pm on July 19. <br>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • The forum ‘HAQAA2 Forum (FR, EN, PT)’ is closed to new topics and replies.