HAQAA2 at OBREAL Global in Focus 2021
On March 11th (14h CET), HAQAA2 is organising a webinar entitled “Europe and Africa in strategic partnership: what’s new in higher education? This webinar is being held in the framework of the ‘OBREAL Global in Focus 2021’ and umbrella event looks at different perspectives on South-South North cooperation in higher education and research. This webinar will have French-Portuguese – English interpretation.
This online event will take an in depth look at the Africa-EU Strategic Partnership and provide updated information on EU support for higher education integration on the African continent, in line with the African Union Continental Strategy for Education (CESA) and the related African harmonisation objectives. It is part of a webinar series support by the HAQAA Initiative, an EU funded endeavour that, amongst other objectives related specifically to quality assurance capacity development, is supporting Africa-EU policy dialogue around harmonisation processes in the higher education sector. The webinar will take stock of current EU initiatives supporting the higher education sector at continental level in Africa and debate their importance in the run up to the forthcoming Africa-EU summit. This comes at a time when Africa is increasingly in the spotlight when it comes to research, innovation and higher education, as an important partner to tackle global challenges ranging from climate change to health.
This webinar will feature the following panel:
- Introduction and welcome on behalf of the HAQAA2 Initiative
- African Union Commission and OBREAL Global
- The role of higher education in the Africa-EU Strategic Partnership
Eleonora Martinello, INTPA.A.2 – Regional and Multi-Country Programmes for Africa, Directorate General International Partnerships, European Commission
- Panel: Working collaboratively towards regional harmonisation objectives
Abdou Cissé, National Authority for Quality Assurance in Higher Education – ANAQ-Sup-, (Senegal)
James Jowi, East African Community, (Tanzania)
Felix Kabwena, African Students’ Alumni Forum (ASAF)
- Jeffy Mukora, National Quality Assurance Agency of Mozambique -CNAQ- (Mozambique)
- Respondent: African higher education in the spotlight: Harmonisation and prospects for global cooperation:
- Nico Jooste,Southern African Regional University Association -SARUA- (South Africa)
- Deirdre Lennan, DG Education and Culture (EAC), European Commission