The HAQAA2 consortium offered graduates of the HAQAA1 and HAQAA2 training course on internal and external QA the chance to apply for grants to implement dissemination and capacity-building projects to strengthen the implementation of the Pan-African Quality Assurance and Accreditation Framework (PAQAF).
The dissemination projects aim
- To support the dissemination and multiplication of the outcomes of training activities across the continent
- To encourage collaboration between all HAQAA training course graduates and to link IQA and EQA professionals, as both are critical to vibrant QA systems
This is a unique opportunity for the course graduates to implement activities that facilitate the transfer and multiplication of skills and knowledge in their local context, while receiving funding and coaching through the HAQAA2 Initiative.
Projects by region
Projects in Western Africa
Projects in Central Africa
Emmanuel KAMBAJA MUSAMPA
Prof Georges MULUMBWA MUTAMBWA
République démocratique du Congo
Dissémination des PAQAF et de l’ASG-QA en République démocratique du Congo : Théorie, auto-évaluations institutionnelles et benchmarking
Prof Jean Baptiste BIKE MBAH
Renforcement des capacités en assurance qualité des acteurs de l’enseignement supérieur du Cameroun et du Tchad
- Fostering a culture of quality assurance within the higher education establishments and institutions of Cameroon and Chad
- Building capacity among higher education personnel with regard to the implementation of the African Standards and Guidelines – Quality Assurance (ASG-QA) and Pan-African Quality Assurance and Accreditation Framework (PAQAF) as harmonisation and accreditation tools
- Promoting the development of harmonised quality assurance mechanisms
Prof Jean Chrysostome NDAMANISHA
Utilisation des ASG-QA dans l’amélioration de la démarche qualité à l’Université du Burundi
Projects in Eastern Africa
Dr Soule HAMIDOU
Ahmed BACAR AHMED
Mise en place d’un service d’assurance qualité à l’Université des Comores
Dr Beatrice ODERA-KWACH
Capacity Building of Kenyan QAA (CUE) and HEIs in the Development and Application of Quality Assurance Tools for Accreditation and Monitoring of (ODeL) Centres and Academic Programmes
- Review the self-assessment questionnaire (SAQ) for ODeL academic programmes and institutions, to align them to the ASG-QA and AQRM;
- Develop an evaluation tool for the Self-Assessment Report (SAR) for ODeL academic programmes and institutions for use by peer reviewers/experts; and
- Train Directors of Quality Assurance (DQA) from HEIs in Kenya on the preparation of SARs and accreditation for ODeL academic programmes and institutions.
Dr Richard OUMA
Training Quality Assurance Managers to Create Awareness and Popularise the Application of Continental Quality Assurance Framework and Standards (ASG-QA) in Ugandan Universities
- To increase the participants’ awareness, understanding, and appreciation of the objectives of the African higher education landscape specifically African Standards and Guidelines of Quality Assurance (ASG-QA) and African Quality Rating Mechanism (AQRM) in higher education
- To expose participants to both the National Quality Rating Mechanism (NQRM) and the African Quality Rating Mechanism (AQRM) inhigher education to be able to appreciate, align, harmonise and apply them
- To benchmark with one University in Uganda (Ndejje University) that participated in the initial study that operationalised the African Quality Rating Mechanism (AQRM) in higher education
- To equip participants with competencies to develop institutional reports after reflecting on the knowledge and skills gained from the awareness training workshop and the benchmarking activities
Prof Hanitra Sylvia ANDRIAMAMPIANINA
Eliane Vahinalahaja RAZAFINTSALAMA
Développement d’une culture de la qualité́ dans les Établissements d’Enseignement Supérieur (EES) de Madagascar par l’appropriation de l’ASG-QA pour la mise en place des systèmes d’accréditation et d’assurance qualité
Dr Fareeda KHODABOCUS
Capacity-Building for a Shared Understanding of IQA Systems Based on the ASG-QA in Mauritian HEIs
- addressing the needs to probe further into selected African Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance (ASG-QA), the European Standard Guidelines (ESG) as well as international best practices of other quality assurance agencies for building skills and knowledge to enable a robust Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) systems aligned with the requirements of the External Quality Assurance (EQA) for the local context.
- linking Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) and External Quality Assurance (EQA) professionals, both are critical to vibrant Quality Assurance systems.
- implementing a capacity-building activity for stakeholders operating at different levels and functions of the Higher Education Institution.
- encouraging collaboration between all HAQAA training course graduates.
- supporting the dissemination and multiplication of the outcomes of training activities across the continent.
Projects in Northern Africa
Prof Amany EL-SHARIF
ASG DASPA: Dissemination for Arabic Speaking Academics
Projects in Southern Africa
Dulce João NUNES LANGA
Geraldo Vernijo DEIXA
Construindo a Cultura de Qualidade em Universidades e Sistemas
Enhancing the Capacity of Quality Assurance Officers in Colleges and Universities in Zambia
Projects in Western Africa
Haoua SEINI SABO
Dr Abdoulaye HAMADOU
Renforcement de capacités en assurance qualité des universités de Niamey et de Tahoua
Dr Fatoumata KEITA
Dr Solomani COULIBALY
Les ASG-QA comme outil d’aide à la mise en œuvre d’une politique d’assurance qualité interne dans les IES du Mali
- To popularise the ASG-QA and encourage their use in these two higher education institutions
- To support the implementation of ENI-ABT’s internal quality assurance committee (IQAC) by leading an institutional self-assessment by this HEI
- Conducting a qualitative and quantitative inquiry into the ASG-QA and quality assurance in general within the HEIs
- To write a scientific article concerning the results of this qualitative/quantitative inquiry
Dr Seydou Golo BARRO
Projet de diffusion et de renforcement des capacités dans le cadre de l’initiative HAQAA2 au Burkina Faso: “Projet DI.RE.C. HAQAA Burkina”
- Organisation of a workshop on the adoption of the ASG by the UNB’s QA hubs;
- Organisation of workshops on the implementation of the plan for improving self-assessment divergence;
- Organisation of an awareness-raising activity for HERI officials concerning the ASG-QA and the necessity of creating a national quality assurance framework.
Abdou Lahate CISSÉ
Dr. Jeffy MUKORA
Dr. Abdallah BAGUMA
ASG-QA Dissemination Project
QA Network Project: Mapping and Dissemination of ASG-QA in Africa Implementing Body: RAFANQ, CNAQ, EAQAN
- To raise awareness and understanding of the ASG-QA
- To enhance societal acceptance of the ASG-QA
- To effectively communicate the shared roles in implementation of the ASG-QA
- To provide mechanisms to encourage stakeholder involvement and create more buy-in from stakeholders
- To provide a mechanism for CNAQ, RAFANAQ and EAQAN to engage with key stakeholders on matters related to the ASG-QA
- Step 1: Preparation for dissemination, identification of dissemination objectives, scope and outputs
- Step 2: Identification of the common methodology of the mapping exercise, analysis and report writing
- Step 3: Design a dissemination strategy
- Step 4: Conducting and documenting the dissemination activity
- Step 5: Monitoring and Evaluation of the engagement process.